Are you trying to figure out how to cook pumpkin seeds? Well, you are in luck because in this post I have given you some simple pumpkin seed recipes so you can learn how to make pumpkin seeds for a great snack!
Before you cook the pumpkin seeds you want to prepare them. Here are some pumpkin seed preparation tips:
* Clean the pumpkin seeds by running them under water for about 10-15 seconds.
* If you want your pumpkin seeds to have a stronger and saltier flavor it’s best to boil them in salted water and let them simmer for 10 minutes or so.
* If you want to eat the pumpkin seeds whole (shell and all), it’s recommended that you use sugar pumpkins instead of the larger carving pumpkins that most of us are familiar with.
Now here are some pumpkin seed recipes and cooking methods…
Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds:
1) Pre-heat your oven to 300 degrees.
2) Drop the pumpkin seeds in a bowl with olive oil, butter, or margin. For a lower-fat version, skip the oil and butter, and just use cooking spray on the baking pan.
3) Place the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on an oven safe dish or baking pan.
4) Lightly sprinkle salt over the pumpkin seeds.
5) Bake pumpkin seeds for about 35 minutes, or until they begin to turn brown. Stir every 10 minutes or so.
Skillet Roasted Pumpkin Seeds:
1) Heat 1-2 tablespoons of butter, or cooking oil, in a skillet, or frying pan on medium heat.
2) As oil becomes hot, stir in pumpkin seeds.
3) Stir and flip as the pumpkin seeds cook. Don’t cook the pumpkin seeds longer than 5 minutes.
4) When the seeds are nicely roasted and browned, remove them from the skillet. Place them on a paper towel to drain the oil.
5) Season or flavor your pumpkin seeds as desired.
6) Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
Microwave Pumpkin Seeds:
1) Melt two tablespoons of butter in a microwave safe bowl.
2) Place a cup and a half of pumpkin seeds into the bowl; make sure they’re in a single layer.
3) Sprinkle pumpkin seeds with seasoning or flavoring as desired.
4) Microwave for approximately 8 minutes. Check pumpkin seeds and stir every 2 minutes.
5) When they are a golden brown remove them from the microwave, lay them out on a paper towel, or some wax paper.
6) Let cool for 5 minutes, and enjoy your delicious pumpkin seed snack.
And that, my friends, is how to cook pumpkin seeds. Also, remember that pumpkin seeds will typically keep for around a week. So you can snack on them for about a week or so.